If you think caffeine is the only way to wake up your senses in the morning, think again...
How about some citrus and ginger aromatherapy to rev up your energy before work?
Maybe a recipe that also has protein and anti-inflammatory omega-3s from chia seeds, plus powerful maca root?
For an eye-opening beauty breakfast to rival any cup of joe, try my Ginger Grapefruit Chia Seed Pudding- recipe below. This energizing breakfast combines the wake-up power of ginger and fresh grapefruit to rev you up for the day ahead.
Ginger Grapefruit Chia Pudding
It’s best to throw together your pudding ingredients the night before to achieve a thick pudding texture. Then peel and cut your grapefruit sections and add them to the pudding in the morning, when you need a citrus aromatherapy boost.
- 1/2 organic grapefruit
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/8 tsp maca (optional)
- 1/8 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- unsweetened coconut flakes
- In a small bowl, combine chia seeds, maca, ginger and almond milk.
- Let pudding thicken at least 15 minutes in the refrigerator (though overnight is best). Peel grapefruit and cut each section into bite-sized chunks.
- Toss grapefruit chunks with thickened pudding and serve with a sprinkle of coconut flakes.