I can't help but love Miranda Kerr because she's so vocal about her passion for healthy living. Her lifestyle keeps her fit and beautiful (which also happens to be a requisite for her day job) and she never fails to spread the word about natural beauty.
Recently she took to her blog to share a little info about her diet and favorite supplements. I thought you'd be interested in take a look at out of her must haves! The list includes some fantastic suggestions for beautiful skin and optimal health, so consider trying a few in your own diet.
Miranda follows the Blood Type Diet, a program that suggests that each blood type is best-suited to a particular diet, largely based on the idea that each blood type descended from a different genetic background.
"I am a blood type A and more often than not I eat specifically for my blood type. I also eat low GI, high alkaline foods, drink filtered water and eat mostly fresh produce and very little meat," says Miranda. "I believe it is important to supplement our food to ensure our bodies have the nutrition required to remain healthy. This is even more important if you do not eat certified organic foods and certified organic fresh produce."
Miranda's list of must-have supplements:
- coconut oil (she has 4 tbsp each day on salads, in cooking or diluted in green tea)
- spirulina (a nutrient-rich blue-green algae)
- Floradix iron supplement
- acai powder
- maca powder (an adaptogen that supports endocrine function- add it to smoothies and juices)
- liquid chlorophyll (add a few drops to water to get your dose)
- noni juice (she's been drinking it since age 12!)