Urban Outfitters just launched a new online beauty shop, brimming with lovely little gems that will have you clicking away to fill your online cart. Although there are tons of prettily-packaged beauty brands on the site, I'd recommend sticking to the site's natural and organic beauty section(nice call on that, Urban Outfitters). Here are my picks for the top natural and organic buys on the site- take note for your next online shopping spree!
1. SkinnySkinny Organic Body Oil. Your skin will absolutely drink in this 100% organic oil blend, which includes chamomile, rose, lavender and calendula. Who needs perfume when your (incredibly soft) skin smells this good?
2. Juice Beauty Organics to Go. This set is a perfect introduction to the Juice Beauty brand, and ideal to take on-the-go this summer. You'll get a trial of Juice Beauty Cleansing Milk, Sensitive Green Apple Peel, Antioxidant Serum, Hydrating Mist, Nutrient Moisturizer and a bamboo face cloth. If you've been thinking about trying Juice Beauty, this is the way.
3. Balm Balm Lip Balm.(above) Balm Balm's blend of shea butter, sunflower oil, beeswax, calendula and jojoba softens lips, cuticles and any old dry spot. Keep it around and apply liberally- it's organic!
4. Jao Goe Oil. (above) Talk about a cult favorite. This blend of 28 plant, fruit and flower oils and butters (including mango, avocado, rosehip, jojoba and hemp) is a natural cure-all. Use it everywhere you'd use a balm- including to tame flyaways. It's scented lightly of Tahitian Monoi- so addictive.
5. The All-Nighter Hair Powder. (above) For anyone who aims to have healthier, softer hair by shampooing less than every day, hair powder is a savior. Its ability to perk up limp, greasy hair and make it look polished is nothing to scoff at. You'll want this powder in your arsenal!
One thing I'd request of Urban Outfitters: please include product ingredients on your site. It's so important to check the labels of all of your beauty products to see for yourself that they are free of parabens, phthalates, sodium lauryl sulfate and the like. With all of the greenwashing out there, you just can't trust someone else's take on what's healthy for you and your body.
Happy beauty shopping!