It may be spring, but there's still a chill in the air, especially at night. I'd love to transition to more raw meals that are heavy on the detoxifying greens, but they don't always satisfy when my body still needs warmth. The solution? A detoxifying spring soup! This light, savory recipe is posted below.
To read about the beauty benefits of this soup, check out my full article at Organic Spa Magazine!
Spring Vegetable Soup
Serves 4 to 6
Feel free to substitute peppery arugula or bitter dandelion greens in place of spinach—go with whatever’s fresh in your area!
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 organic yellow pepper
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup fresh or frozen peas
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free rotini pasta
- 2 handfuls fresh spinach, chopped
- In a large pot, melt coconut oil and cook onion until it begins to soften.
- Add celery and thyme and cook, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut the bottom and top off the pepper and slice the center into thin strips, about 2 inches in length.
- Add pepper strips, broth and water; cover and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and add peas and pasta; simmer for about 10 minutes until pasta is cooked.
- Remove from heat and stir in spinach.