I love The Beauty Bean for its awesome 'Nourish' section, and this week the site shares 5 holiday survival tips from Jennifer Lopez's nutritionist, Haylie Pomroy of East West Essentials. These tips are ultra-simple; they won't require you to drastically change the routine you already have going (which is frankly too much to ask around the holidays). For just a few important ways to be mindful of your health - and beauty - this holiday, read on:
- Drink plenty of water (Pomroy suggests that you aim for half your body weight in ounces, so a 140 lb woman would drink 70 oz of water daily). Adequate H2O prevents dry skin and constipation.
- Take probiotics (look for formulas with lactobacillus and bifidobacterium). They'll aid digestion and strengthen your immune system when you need it most. (Check out more ways to boost your immunity here).
- Boost your metabolism by starting the day with protein. Pomroy suggests that you eat 10-20 grams of protein (one egg has about 6 grams of protein) within 30 minutes of waking up.
- Eat lots of vitamin C-packed citrus fruits (they're in season!) to keep your skin looking fabulous and help prevent hangovers.
- Make healthy food choices, as often as possible. Don't totally give up and throw in the towel during the month of December. Small things, like choosing raw nuts (which boost metabolism twice as much as roasted nuts, says Pomroy) really add up.
Not bad, right? Keep this tips in mind and remember, JLo's doing the same thing...
Image courtesy moviespad.com