If you read my post on all the fabulous reasons to get more strawberries in your beauty diet this spring (read: a major collagen boost), I'm sure you're ready for a fresh new idea on how to use them. For a recipe that's naturally sweet (it doubles as a both a rice pudding-like dessert AND a crazy-good breakfast), try my below recipe for Stewed Strawberry Pudding with Strawberry-Maca Sauce.
There is no refined sugar, no synthetic flavor and no added coloring ANYWHERE in this dish!
All you'll get is major beauty benefits (to read more about those, check out my post on the power of strawberries).
- 1/2 cup dry millet, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 3 cups quartered strawberries, divided
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground cardamom
- sprinkle of ground cloves
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp maca powder
- 2 tbsp water
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat, combine millet, almond milk, 1 1/2 cups of quartered strawberries, salt, cardamom, and a pinch of cloves.
- When the almond milk starts to bubble, reduce the heat to low and cook 15 minutes more, until the millet is soft.
- Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla extract and maple syrup.
- Set aside to cool.
- In a high-powered blender or food processor, blend 1 cup quartered strawberries, water, and maca until silky smooth.
- Top each serving of pudding with strawberry sauce and remaining strawberries.